The end of the year is approaching quickly, and so is your last opportunity to take advantage of your dental insurance benefits. If you’ve paid your premiums all year, you’ve earned those dental benefits, don’t let your remaining benefits slip away by not taking advantage of them by the end of the year. The following list includes a few reason to use your dental benefits before you lose them:
- Yearly Maximum- A yearly maximum is the most money your dental insurance plan covers for the dental work you have done over a full year. Your yearly maximum renews every year, and your unused benefits will not rollover into the New Year.
- Deductible- A deductible is the amount of money that you pay out of pocket before your insurance company will pay for any services. This fee you must pay varies from one insurance plan to another and can be higher is you choose an out-of-network dentist.
- Premiums- If you’re paying for your dental benefits every month, you should be taking advantage of them. Sounds pretty simple, but there are many people who don’t take advantage of their benefits and pay their insurance company, while not getting their dental work in return.
- Fee Increases- There’s always a possible fee increase at the end of the year due to the increased cost of materials or to accommodate the cost of living. These fee increases could also raise your copay.
- Dental Problems Can Worsen- By delaying treatment, you may be risking a more expensive and extensive treatment later down the road. What could be a simple cavity now could turn into root canal or tooth extraction if it’s ignored. So yourself a favor and don’t avoid the dentist, your mouth will thank you for it.
Don’t let your well-earned dental benefits slip away, contact Dr. Gary Wetzel in Camp Hill, PA at 717-761-8611 to schedule an appointment today! For more information regarding our services visit our website at www.wetzelperio.com.
Dr. Wetzel proudly welcome patients from New Cumberland, Harrisburg, York, and Carlisle.