You have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to tooth replacement, one being dental implants. Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically integrated into your jawbone to hold a replacement tooth. They are a very ideal and effective way to replacing missing teeth.
Once you’ve made the decision to get dental implants, you will need a consultation to discuss your individual case. Your dental implant specialist will provide you with the following information:
- The cost of the implant procedure
- What’s included and excluded of those costs
- The potential risk and benefits of the dental implant
- If oral sedation is offered and if it is, the cost
- How many appointments that dental implants will require
- What type of care the dental implant specialist will offer
- The level of commitment that is required from you
To begin your dental implant specialist will drill a hole that will match the exact diameter of the implant. The implant is placed into the hole and gums will be stitched around the implant. In some case, your dentist will provide you with temporary tooth replacement.
The reconstruction stage takes place once the implant has properly integrated and the implant in secure in your jawbone. At this time your missing teeth will be replaced with the final crown, which is cemented or screwed into place.
If you’d like to replace your missing teeth with dental implants, contact Dr. Gary Wetzel at 717-761-8611 to schedule a consultation today. Or visit www.wetzelperio.com for more information regarding dental implants.
Dr. Gary Wetzel proudly accepts patients from New Cumberland, Harrisburg, York and Carlisle.